Pre + Post workout nutrition tips
Does feeling tired put you off your workout? Or are you just confused by advice on what to eat after exercise to get maximum benefit? Gym Instructor David shares his top tips to ensure that you’re fueling your workout and helping your body recover.
More top tips
- Eat lots of leafy greens (broccoli, kale, spinach), they’re high in iron which is essential for repair and growth.
- If you’re aiming to build muscle, add protein powder to your snacks. Whey protein powder can be absorbed within 30 minutes so it’s an ideal supplement.
- If you are trying to lose weight avoid snacks between meals! Instead, aim to eat small meals every 3 or 4 hours. Also, be wary of sports nutrition products as they can often be really high in calories.
- Liquid foods will absorb quicker than solids, so protein shakes or smoothies will provide energy more quickly.
- Don’t forget about hydration!